Wednesday 10 April 2024

My apartment in Garran ACT 2024


by Tony Magee


I sold my house in Torrens where I had lived for 33 years in February 2022. Settlement was on August 1, 2022.


I purchased an Apartment in Garran in August 2023. I’ve been here for about eight months now as I write this and am loving it. Beautiful and well maintained gardens all around the large complex. Mine is a three bedroom two bathroom apartment with large 2.5 garage. There is a large outdoor terrace off the living room Bedroom three is my office.


The garage contains my Subaru Outback 3 litre, as well as my Bechstein concert grand model E.


Upstairs I have my Bechstein Model V grand piano in the living room.


Here are a few photos of the setup:


The living room as seen at night, view from the terrace


The terrace

My 1929 Bechstein model E concert grand, safely installed in the garage (no room for it upstairs alas)

Autumn colours in my street, 2024

Car and Bechstein E in the garage, generous shelving and workbench, plus my Canadian Dominion organ
and Ronisch upright piano on RHS (not in view).




No comments: